- Murray, Jeff B., and Julie L. Ozanne. "The critical imagination: emancipatory interests in consumer research." Journal of Consumer Research 18.2 (1991): 129-144.
- Denegri-Knott, Janice, Detlev Zwick, and Jonathan E. Schroeder. "Mapping consumer power: an integrative framework for marketing and consumer research." European Journal of Marketing 40.9/10 (2006): 950-971.
- Chapter I: An Introduction to Gender in:Eckert, Penelope and McConnell-Ginet, Sally. (To appear). Language and Gender. Second Edition. Cambridge and CNew York: Cambridge University Press. (Pages 1-20)
D. (2017). Paths to respectability: Consumption and stigma management
in the contemporary black middle class. Journal of Consumer Research,
- Bettany, Shona, et al. "Moving beyond binary opposition: Exploring the tapestry of gender in consumer research and marketing." Marketing Theory 10.1 (2010): 3-28.
Jonathan E., and Detlev Zwick. "Mirrors of masculinity: Representation
and identity in advertising images." Consumption Markets & Culture
7.1 (2004): 21-52.
Jacob. "Thou shalt sport a banana in thy pocket: Gendered body size
ideals in advertising and popular culture." Marketing Theory 10.1
- Adib, A., & Guerrier, Y. (2003). The interlocking of gender with nationality, race, ethnicity and class: The narratives of women in hotel work. Gender, Work & Organization, 10(4), 413-432.
- Tadajewski, Mark. "Character analysis and racism in marketing theory and practice." Marketing Theory 12.4 (2012): 485-508.