Overview and learning objectives
The topics of
this course include overview of quantitative and qualitative research, stages of market research, analytical structuring of
business problems, sampling methods, questionnaire construction, data analysis
and hypothesis testing. The students are required to conduct a research project
involving data collection and analysis.
of the course workload is in the group project in which the students conduct
market research for a real organization.You are
expected to contact a company or an organization and conduct a research project
for them. You should have the research topic by X.
If you are working,
or taking many other courses, you may want to consider taking this course in
the next term. It will be fair towards the rest of your group
that you can give your best input.
Assessment and grading
On the course you can
earn max. 100 points, ie. 100% of the grade:
- Pre-exam of assigned literature (20% of the course grade
- Group work (80 % of the course grade)
|90 points and over||5|
|80 to 89 points||4|
|70 to 79 points||3|
|60 to 69 points||2|
|50 to 59 points||1
points and under
- SPSS lab-session on Thursday, September 19
- Research-plan presentation on Thursday, October 10
- Poster session on Thursday, November 28
Ethical conduct and plagiarism
- All "official" course communication from the instructor and course assistant will take place through News and announcements. Anything posted in that forum will be forwarded to your Aalto email, so please make sure you check it periodically.
- Please use the discussion forum if you have any questions or feedback regarding course topics, lectures, materials, assingments etc.
- The instructors will not be answering any inquiries regarding anything that can be easily found in the syllabus via my personal email.
- Please only use email if the
matter is very personal or very urgent (ie. you are missing a class because you are home sick, or there is a problem with MyCourses).