Presentations (includes slides)
1. Topic presentation (Period 1/3)
2. Main presentation (Period 2/4)
3. Designated commenting of a main paper (Period 2/4)
1. Research plan (submitted a week before the topic presentation).
Includes an introduction to the wider topic area around the specific research question of the thesis. 3-6 pages.
2. Main paper (submitted a week before the main presentation).
A reader of the main paper learns about the results of research in economics (either your research or the research that you review). The main content of the main paper could be a key chapter or two in the thesis. First page is executive summary. 15-30 pages.
3. Online comments on other students' research plans and main papers, submitted before their presentations.
A comment is usually a short paragraph, sometimes 2-3 paragraphs. Minimum requirement is at least three substantially distinct comments to each member of your group.
Participation in class discussions about papers and presentations.
Grading 0-5 based on activity in the seminar, quality of presentations (live presentation, accompanying slides, research plan/topic paper, and main paper), quality of discussion (both in class and on-line), and punctuality. Attendance is required for a passing grade, but one absence may be made up by completing an additional assignment. Depending on the number of participants, the students may be divided to smaller groups for the student presentation and discussion sessions.