Welcome to BCS P03 workspace.
Our classes will be in U262 on the second floor of Otakaari 1.
You'll find our course schedule below.
Please note that all other materials, including assignments and readings, are in the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the workspace.
SESSION 1: 12.09
- Course overview: objectives, assignments, schedule
- Communicating strategically
- A1 case analysis, presentations, discussion
Preparation for session 2
- Read Input 1, Communicating strategically, and Input 2, Persuasive techniques
- Prepare written request (A1). Bring along two hard copies of the request to class for peer review.
- Prepare your presentation strategy outline (A2a). Bring along a soft or hard copy to class for peer review.
SESSION 2: 19.09
- Effective business writing
- Getting the right rhetorical mix: Ethos, Logos and Pathos
- Reviewing and editing your draft written requests (A1)
- Fine-tuning your persuasive presentation strategy (A2a)
- High impact introductions and conclusions
Preparation for session 3
- Read Input 3, Reader-focused business writing, and Input 4, Impactful and engaging presentations
- Write final version of written request (A1). Submit by 08.30, 26.09.
- Finalise your persuasive presentation (A2). Be prepared to present on 26.09. Submit your strategy outline (A2a) to MyCourses by 08.30, 26.09
SESSION 3: 26.09
- 60-second presentation trailers
- 6-8 minute individual persuasive presentations with peer feedback
- Final team presentations (A4): choice of topic
Preparation for session 4
- Start writing A5: critical appraisal of A2 and A4 (due 17.10)
- Prepare for in-class test (A3) next week
- Prepare final team presentation: plan strategy
SESSION 4: 3.10
- In-class test (A3)
- Designing effective visuals
- Finalising team presentation topc
Preparation for session 5
- Continue preparing final team presentation and upload materials to MyCourses by midday, the day before your consultation with Mike: preview slide / structure of presentation, draft visuals, 3+ questions
SESSION 5: 7.10 or 9.10 Consultation session with Mike
- Team presentation consultation with Mike (25 minutes/team).
08.30, Group 6
09.00, Group 5
10.00, Group 1
09.00, Group 2
11.00, Group 3
11.30, Group 7
13.00, Group 4
Preparation for session 6
- Finalise team presentation
SESSION 6: 10.10
- Final team presentations (videoed)
Submit your critical appraisal of BCS presentation performance (A5) by 08.30, 17.10