Welcome to the 77E2400 Business Presentations Group L01 workspace. You'll find our course schedule below.
Our first class will be 08.30-12.30, 22 January, in T003.
Pre-work: there is a short pre-work assignment which should be completed before coming to the first class. You'll find details in the pre-work folder (drop down menu on the left).
note that all course materials are
in the drop-down menu in the top left-hand corner of the workspace.
SESSION 1: 22 January
- Course overview: objectives, assignments, schedule
- Introductory relational presentations (prepared pre-course)
- Communicating strategically
- Impromptu presentations
- Presenting by objective: Competing Values Communication Framework
Preparation for session 2
- Prepare CVCF presentation 1 including strategy outline (A1). Due 29.1.
- Read inputs 1, 2 & 3
- View TED presentations and prepare for class discussion: Oliver here, Sinek here and Rosling here
SESSION 2: 29 January
- CVCF: focus on your presentation
- High impact intros and outros
- Objective-driven presentation 1 with peer feedback
- Discussion of TED videos
Preparation for session 3
- Read inputs 4 & 5 and articles 1 & 2
- Prepare CVCF presentation 2 (transformational). Description due 08.30, 5.2 (A2)
- Read through final team presentation case
SESSION 3: 5 February
- Objective-driven presentation 2 (transformational) with peer feedback
- Crafting effective visuals: review own presentation slides
- Start preparing the final team presentation
Preparation for session 4
- Write critical appraisal of objective-driven presentations 1 & 2 (A3). Due 08.30, Wednesday, 12.2.
- Read articles 3 & 4
- Prepare final team presentation
SESSION 4: 12 February
- Presentation coaching
- Final team presentations with lecturer and peer feedback (A4)
Write the critical appraisal of your team presentation (A5). Due 08.30, Wednesday, 19.2