Note: Please start by choosing your major in Assignments!
After the course the student will be able
- to adopt the code of conduct of the academic community.
- to set personal goals for effective learning and skills development.
- to communicate and collaborate in a multicultural and multidisciplinary learning environment.
- to identify opportunities for academic entrepreneurship and career development.
- to work safely in laboratory and conduct the principles of scientific research and communication.
Tentative course schedule is depicted in Fig. 1.
Figure 1. Course schedule and deadlines. Please see details in the sections Period I-V, events.
Completing the course
- Please, give constructive feedback already during the course!
- Finalizing the course later will be much more difficult!
- Students with Aalto B.Sc. can obtain 1 cr by completing ALC course’s career planning exercises
- attend the major-specific orientation session.
- complete all course assignments: Information Search, Intercultural Communication, Master's Thesis Review, Circular Economy & Entrepreunial Skills.
- complete all quizzes (published after contact session).
- meet at least twice with your academic advisor.
- attend the feedback sessions (January and April).
- participate CHEM Career Forum, Dec. 16th, 2019.