The course exercises sessions will be replaced by online Zoom meetings with the assistant from Thursday, March 19th onwards. Below, there are instructions how you should act.
We seek to simulate the normal session, where you seek help from Lab queue, and the assistant contacts you when he/she has time. Exercise sessions are open in the same time as earlier (Mondays, 14.15-16.00, Thursdays, 12.15-14.00).
It is recommendable that you try to use Zoom before the exercise session time, for example by talking to your friend through Zoom and making sure everything works without problems. More detailed instructions on using Zoom can be found on the Aalto IT Zoom Quick Guide page.
- Go to aalto.zoom.us, press Sign In and log in with your Aalto ID. (If you want, you can install Zoom from there on your own computer. If you have a Linux machine, it is obviously necessary to install Zoom.)
- When you need help, enroll in A+ in the Lab queue, as normally. You can enroll in the queue 15 minutes before the session starts.
- The assistant is monitoring the queue and when he/she is free from the previous advised student, he/she sends to you an email with a Zoom link. Thus, follow you email carefully after enrolling in the queue. If you do not respond soon, the assistant will remove you from the queue and you need to enroll at the end of queue again.
- Click the zoom link. You should be able to join the meeting immediately. You should see something like below (or the assistant’s image if he/she has video on.
- If there is no voice or video, check that the settings in the lower left corner are OK (you are not Mute or Video is off).
- Ask your questions from the assistant. You can also share your screen to the assistant by using the Share button.
- When you do not need more advice,
the assistant can remove you from the meeting and you can close Zoom.