Course starts on Monday 9.9.2019 at 14:15 in Lecture Hall T2.
Participation in the first lecture is compulsory to be admitted to the course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participation to all lectures is strongly advised.
Students that have this course as an elective in their degrees (among others IDBM, USchool, ISM) are encouraged to attend the course.
- To be able to explain and apply methods for usability research emphasising
- methods for user research in the beginning of the user-centred design process in gathering user requirements for development
- tools and methods for analysing qualitative data
- usability evaluation methods, both with and without users.
- To be able to search for relevant scientific publications.
- To be able to write academically and reference properly.
The course has two main activities:
1 ) Read through the provided materials (+1) on user research methodology and write a reflective essay. After writing the essay you must also read and peer review three your fellow students' essays.2) In groups of 3-4 students to:
- Conduct a small observation and interview field study
- Analysing your findings and present your results