One planet, one sky, one people
Date: 28.1.2020, 14:15 - 16:00
Location: Lecture hall TU1, TUAS/Maarintie 8, Otaniemi campus
Teacher: Anne Lähteenmäki
Learning outcomes of the week
After this week, you should be able to:
- Appreciate why the sky and the phenomena that happens up there has had such an enormous impact on the humankind and its development.
- Understand why astronomy has been -and is! - needed, and to list examples of how it can be used in everyday life.
- Describe the basic concepts of time measurement and calendars.
- Consider answers to fundamental questions such as where do we come from and where are we.
- Be familiar with how ancient cultures exercised astronomy (to be continued in the following lectures).