Electronics and Design Workshop
In the EDWS 2020 we are mostly working to produce visitor tracking systems for Aalto Arts Exhibitions, especially in consideration of the Helsinki Design Week event in the autumn. There are also three other projects that part of the class is working on. This is a project-based course that results in functioning networked prototypes build especially with the Raspberry Pi mini-computer.
[Salu's photos of exhibition spaces]
The course also includes weekly design thinking discussions. In order to make this work, the students are expected to watch the short videos found in the Materials-section before the class on Wednesday.
- Requirements specification (max 10 pts), DL 28.1.
- Visitor sensing demo / Hardware foundations demo (max 10 pts), DL 4.2.
- Database transactions demo / Software foundations demo (max 10 pts), DL 11.2.
- Interaction Design demo (max 10 pts), DL 10.3.
- NEW Project plan (max 10 pts) 31.3.
User tests (face-to-face tests must be cancelled!)
- Update the specification (max +20 pts) DL 28.4
- Final presentations + Integrated System Demo (max 20 pts), DL 20.5.
- POSTPONED: Test report, incl. technical modules (max 20 pts), DL 22.5.
- Installation instructions, user manual, source code + license (max 10 pts) DL 27.5.