Remote Exam on Wednesday 27 May at 1.00pm
The exam is organized remotely following Aalto's guidelines. (Unfortunately that means we cannot use Zoom.) In a nutshell, this is an open book exam done in MyCourses while keeping video connection on in Teams.
- Find a quiet place to sit with no other people.
- Install the Microsoft Teams app and log in using your Aalto account. If your operating system does not have the Teams app, you may need to find how to use a browser (e.g., Chrome) for video streaming in Teams.
- Ensure you have a good, reliable internet connection sufficient for video streaming in MS Teams.
- Have available a form of personal identification, a driver's license (EU only) or passport.
Before the exam on Wednesday:
- Between 8am and 12.45pm on Wednesday, ping ANTTI.OULASVIRTA in Teams (you must be logged in using your Aalto account)
- Send the message ("I'm participating in the exam")
- Post a copy of your personal identification card to this private channel. Aalto is using a secure version of MS Teams, your data will be fine
- I will add you to the exam group in Teams after checking this
- Open the course page in MyCourses in your browser
During the exam:
- Be present in the exam group in MS Teams (see above) at 12.55pm
- At 13.00, I will launch a video call, introduce you to the exam
- Remember that you must have video on during the exam
- You can keep books, notes, browser, calculators etc available
- No talking during the exam.
Leaving the exam:
- When you are done with the exam, you must send a message to me (ANTTI.OULASVIRTA) in Teams stating "I have finished the exam." You can leave Teams only after when I confirm that.
1) Slides and other materials, especially the learning objectives stated for each lecture (normally 2 or 3 per lecture). Also ensure you understand all Mandatory assignments.
2) Three chapters frrom Wickens' book Engineering Psychology:
4: Spatial Displays
8: Decision Making
12: Automation and Human Performance