There are multiple assignments and all of them should be done in group. The assignments are:
- Company case definition
- Company's current VNC
- Team presentation slides
- Scenario results slides
- VNA results slides
- BMC results slides
- Final presentation slides
- Opponent's reports (multiple submissions: as many as Team presentation slides)
- The final report
When are the assignment deadlines?
Check the section "Lectures" to see the assignment deadlines.
Where to submit the assignments?
Assignments must be posted in the Forum with your company case name at the "For Aalto Users" section. You should create a "new discussion topic" in the Forum for each of your assignments. E.g. Scenario planning assignment from X company. This way, teachers and the opponent group can have easy access.
Format for the company case definition
- Fill the following power point template: company_case_definition_template
Please name the file as : "Company case definition" : e.g. Smart_locking_case_definition.ppt
Format for the company's current VNC:
- The company's current VNC assignment is a warm-up exercise for better tacking the VNA results slides.
- The company's current VNC assignment should be an up-to-date slide set including: Company case definition + Scenario results slides + Company's current VNC.
- For drawing the company's current VNC, you should use the following templates microsoft_power_point_template. Additionally, you could also use Value_distribution
- Remember that the Company's current VNC should only describe one value network configuration about the current/existing service. If the service does not exist yet, try to describe a similar competing service. If there are no similar services, it is your chance to create something new and amazing.
Please name the file as : "Method" + "from case X" : e.g. Scenario_planning_from_Smart_locking.ppt
Format for the team presentation slides:
- Team presentations should approximately have 10 slides and last for 20 min (use the following MS PowerPoint .ppt template)
- Basic assignment requirements that will be checked after the presentation:
- Scenario result slides:
- Formulate trends including a verb in continuous form. E.g., rapidly increasing mobile Internet usage·
- Formulate the top 2 uncertainties in question form, which can be answered with YES/NO.
- Rank the uncertainties in a list. Why are the top 2 uncertainties important? Are these uncertainties independent?
- Give titles to scenarios
- VNA result slides:
- First draw a technical architecture (or technical system) that works on-line by connecting your technical components.
- Business roles should be formulated indicating the provision or delivery of something: E.g., Mobile service PROVISION, content DELIVERY
- Try to minimize the number of technical and business links. Please only show those links that are more important.
- Give a name to each VNC following the structure "Actor-driven VNC" e.g. MNO-driven VNC, Cloud-provider-driven VNC.
- For drawing the value network configurations, you should use the following templates microsoft_power_point_template. Additionally, you could also use Value_distribution
- All group members must present some content
- Examples from previous years:
- Scenario results slides (example 1, example 2 )
- VNA results slides (example 1, example 2 )
- BMC results slides
- Do not use examples as templates!
- Please name the file as : "Method" + "from case X" : e.g. Scenario_planning_from_Smart_locking.ppt
Opponent report format :
Each group will gather all comments about its opponent's presentation (including those from teachers) and will submit them to ensure that valuable feedback is not lost. The document should not be longer than 1 page and this will be graded. This should include:
- Is the team following methods correctly?
- Is their analysis reasonable and valid?
- Is their presentation clear and understandable?
- Is their presentation suitable for the time given?
- If the team is doing something wrong, how in your opinion they could improve?
Please name the file as : "Method" + "Opponent Report" + "to case X" : e.g. Scenario_planning_Opponent_Report_To_Home_Platform.pdf
Final report format:
- MS Word .doc format
- A maximum number of 30 pages.
- Remember to use the provided template!
- Note concerning the example report: no report is perfect, so use your own consideration if adopting some aspects of the example report
- You can use the Example report as reference.
- SUBMISSION: SEND THE REPORT BY EMAIL TO HEIKKI AND JAUME.