How this course works:
- The main activity in the course is participating in one project which is a group work of about 5 students.
- All project topics are proposed by EEA department, own topics are not possible. Each project topic has an expert instructor, working in the department.
- The projcet topics will be found from the "Project topics" section before the course kick-off lecture.
- Select five topics based on your preferences. The groups will be formed by the teachers' board after overall assessment in which student preferences and available positions are taking into account.
- The groups will select a project manager among themselves during the first 2-3 weeks.
- Later on, there is a business aspects exercise related to your project topic, supported with lectures.
- Final Gala will take place 19.5.2020, by that time all the technical work in the project should be completed. After that there is about one week to complete the final report.
- The grading of the course is based on self-assessment, peer-evaluation within the project group and teacher assessment. This will done the first time after week 11 and the second time after week 21. Each student will get a personal grade from 1 to 5.
Major Common Events
- 7.1.2020 12:15-14:00 Kick-off lecture (TU1/Maarintie 8)
- 16.1.2020 12:15-14:00 Project planning lecture (TU1), project groups are revealed
- 21.1.2020 12:15-14:00 Project planning lecture (TU1)
- 13.2.2020 12:15-14:00 Standardization and standards in product development (TU1)
- 25.2.2020 12:15-14:00 Business aspects Kick-off (TU1)
- 27.2.2020 12:15-14:00 Business aspects lecture (AS1/Maarintie 8)
- 3.3.2020 12:15-14:00 Business aspects lecture (TU1)
- 5.3.2020 12:15-18:00 Business aspects booster session (meeting room 1593 / Maarintie 8)
- 10.3.2020 9:15-13:10, Business aspects seminar (TU1), it is mandatory to take part in your own session
- 19.5.2020 8:00-18:00 Final Gala Webinar, see instructions.
Major Common Milestones
- 7.1.2020 Kick-off
- 10.1.2020 23:59, project topics will be available until this deadline
- 16.1.2020 You know your project topic
- 6.2.2020 23:59, deadline to submit the Project plan, must be accepted by Instructor
- 6.3.2020 23:59, deadline to submit Presentation Slides for Business aspects seminar
- 13.3.2020 23:59, deadline to submit the Business aspects document, accepted by Instructor
- 29.5.2020 12:00, deadline to submit final reports to MyCourses (approved by the Instructor)
Note: These are common milestones for the course. Per project topic, there will be other deadlines, but you will schedule these in the project planning phase and the agreement of those is written into the accepted and submitted Project plan.
The public website for the course, presenting completed projects is available at: https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/AEEproject/ Under that website you can access final reports of all earlier completed projects.
Responsible teachers Lauri Palva and Vesa Vuorinen (name.name (at) aalto.fi) will answer to all questions related to the course. Later when you know your project topic, the official instructor of that project will be the contact person in all issues related to the specific project.