- Monday 1st June at 12:15 – 14:30. Basics of heliospheric magnetism by Eija Tanskanen + course work topics
- Tuesday 2nd June at 12:15 – 14:30. ULF waves and solar storms, Reko Hynönen and Shabnam Nikbakhsh
- Monday 8th June: Instruments and aurora by Pyry Peitso (Aurora Propulsion) + space storm prediction demo by Shabnam Nikbakhsh
- Tuesday 9th June at 12:15 – 14:30. Virtual tour to Sodankylä geophysical observatory by Tero Raita and Jouni Envall (SGO)
- Monday 22nd June at 12:15 – 14:30. Preparing oral presentations.
- Tuesday 23rd June at 12:15 – 14:30. Oral presentations by students
- Monday 29th and 30th June. Prepare final report. Return DL by 15th July
In this course the students will learn the basics of magnetism in different parts of the heliosphere including geomagnetism, solar magnetism, interplanetary magnetic field and magnetic disturbances carried by the solar wind.
Basics of geomagnetism
Basics of solar and solar wind magnetism
Field-work on magnetic field measurements
Basics of magnetometers on ground, on-board small and large satellites
Hands-on-data exercises on time series data analysis