BASED ON THE PRE-READ TEXTS ON INTERVENTION TO URBAN SPACE (JENSEN & CO) + ON ”URBAN AESTHETICS” + BODY AND SITE/ENVIRONMENT (BERLEANT) + THE INTRO + DISCUSSIONS ON TUESDAY:
MAKE A SKETCH OF AN INTERVENTIONAL SITUATION OR WORK IN Platz des 18. März + Pariser Platz CONTEXT
– consider the actual site = pariser pltz…
choose 1-2 aspects to study + take into account while imagining the actual *work/situation/thing*
– respond to the course thematic aspects listed below (body+site, peripherality, resistance).
How would you stage body+site relation here? Why so? What are the aspects that lead you to… etc.
Relation to site? In which ways? To passers-by? Participatory issues…defined, open, how? Durational or not, mobile, visible, massive, not… etc etc etc.
- use whatever means it takes to share the imagined composition to others (references and other hi-stories, in writing, in spoken word, in pics, visuals…)
– prepare a 5+minute sketch/presentation for wednesday
– HOW TO STAGE/DISPLAY THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BODY AND SITE?
– THE BIG CANVAS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT = WHAT PERIPHERAL ASPECTS, MINDSETS, CONCEPTS, NARRATIVES ETC. DO WE CHOOSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHILE PRACTICING WITH THE BODY+SITE -RELATION-FOCUSED INTERVENTIONS?
RESISTANCE AS AN ARTISTIC METHOD OR MODE OF INTERVENING/CREATING INTERVENTION IN/WITH PUBLIC SPACE.
– WHAT KINDS OF WAYS, MODES, LANGUAGES, LEVELS OF RESISTANCE CAN BE EFFECTIVE, AFFECTIVE, ETC. IN/THROUGH MATERIALISATIONS OF ART AND DESIGN
Wednesday -12-2019 Assignment
Develop a site-specific spatial materialisation from the ideas/ concept developed in the 1st Assignment,
to be presented in the nearby-library areas of the campus.
You have 30 minutes time to present it to the others.
Keep considering the SITE+BODY relations, PERIPHERIES aspects and AESTHETICS OF RESISTANCE.