Few tips during Gala preparations:
- Safety always comes first: remind your team members to use proper safety gear while prototyping.
- When using tools, remember to return them to the right place, so the next person can easily find them.
- Remind your team members of the DF rules, such as cleaning when using the kitchen, putting utensils in the washing machines and keeping things tidy as much as possible.
You can start setting up your gala stands starting from 29th August at Design Factory, and 30th August at Urban Mill within few practical limitations that can be discussed directly with Lars Miikki (0405036630), all spaces should be cleaned until Monday 7th September, at the latest.
We have created an Excel file where you can add all the materials/equipment that you need for your stand.
At Design Factory we have furniture in the storage, so there is no need to buy furniture specifically for the Gala.
Regarding the materials/equipment we can provide:
- Furniture such as tables, chairs, sofas, etc
- Different types of carpets (come to the PDP office to check the storage)
- Black/White curtains (come to the PDP office to check them)
- Screens/Monitors (we will provide one 42" TV per team, let us know if you need more than one)
- Tablets Android/iOS (these can be found in the PDP office)
- Mobile phones (let us know if you need Android or iOS to display/test your apps)
- and more...
For raw material such as plywood, plexiglass, metal sheet, etc... go to the MachineShop and add it to the list on the door. Donät forget to also add your team name, your name, and contact (email and phone number). Vesku will check that list every week, so if you have something you need to buy, please add it to the list in the MachineShop.
If you have special requests or need extra items, just come to the PDP office.
Any inquiry about material/equipment for the Gala contact both Joel and André!
Here are the names of the staff working in the workshops. Contact them if you need help:
Jani Kalasniemi (email@example.com)
Simon Andsten (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Eero Pajunen (email@example.com)
Erwin Laiho (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joel Meneses (email@example.com)
Shreyasi Kar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Teemu Ronkka (email@example.com)
David Leal (firstname.lastname@example.org)