Numerical matrix computations, fall 2019, period II
Prerequisites: MS-C1343 Linear Algebra (or other basic(+) knowledge of matrices).
The course can be passed by exercises(40%)+exam(60%), or exam only.
Course material is covered in the book "Trefethen, Bau: Numerical Linear Algebra" and the lecture notes.
- Week: Sparse matrices. Direct solution of sparse linear systems (see also T&B:Lecture 23)
- Week: Predicting location of nonzero entries, Numerical stability
- Week: Numerical stability, Classical iterative methods
- Week: Iterative solution of sparse linear systems
- Week: Solution of dense eigenvalue problems, Stable QR-decomposition
- Week: Iterative solution of sparse eigenvalue problems
Lecturer: Antti Hannukainen (M308)
Assistant: Topi Kuutela (M330a)