You need to satisfactorily complete both an individual and group project to receive a grade in the course.
For the individual project, you will be asked to design a solution to an everyday problem and reflect upon your experience in designing it in a short essay.
For the group project, you will be asked to come to a conclusion about is what is design together with a group of fellow students and prepare a poster and presentation manuscript in which you argue your point.
For both the individual and group project, your reflections and argumentation should be supported by and grounded in the literature for the course. Details about the projects and their assessment will be presented in class during the first part of the course.
The work in the projects is supported through a series of weekly pre-assignments. The assignments are designed to help you collectively explore the design space for your problem and compile background material for your posters. They are also designed to support you in going through the literature for the course and in preparing for the discussion in class each week. You will complete the pre-assignments individually, in pairs and together with your project group. Missing the deadline for a pre-assignment automatically results in zero points on the assignment. Not being in class to present an assignment results in half the points on the assignment.
All in all, what you deliver individually accounts for 60 percent of your grade in the course. What you deliver together with others (in pairs or as a group) accounts for the other 40 percent.
The individual project, group project and weekly pre-assignments add to your final grade in the course as follows:
Pre-assignment Week 2 (group): 0-4 points
Pre-assignment Week 3 (group): 0-4 points
Pre-assignment Week 4 (pair): 0-4 points
Pre-assignment Week 5 (Individual): 0-5 points
Pre-assignment Week 5 (Group): 0-4 points
Pre-assignment Week 6 (Pair): 0-4 points
Group project (poster & manuscript): 0-20 points
Individual project (design): 0-15 points
Individual project (essay): 0-40 points
0 p – 50 p = 0 (not pass)
51 p – 60 p = 1
61 p – 70 p = 2
71 p – 80 p = 3
81 p – 90 p = 4
91 p – 100 p = 5