Solar radiation and solar thermal energy conversion
The 1st part of the course is mainly based on the following book:
Solar engineering of thermal processes; Duffie, John A. ; Beckman, William A., 4th edition, 2013
ProQuest Academic Complete E-kirja/E-book
The 2nd part of the course is follows the online Open Course-ware materials specified in the page Lectures.
A recommended book on photovoltaics (free Kindle version; cheap paperback):
Solar Energy: The physics and engineering of photovoltaic conversion, technologies and systems; by Arno Smets, Klaus Jäger, Olindo Isabella, René van Swaaij, Miro Zeman, UIT Cambridge
Plenty of other E-books are available via Aalto Learning center (library) for interested readers and further study of the topics, e.g.:
- Practical handbook of photovoltaics : fundamentals and applications; McEvoy, A. J., ed. ; Markvart, T., ed.; Castañer, Luis, ed.; Academic Press cop. 2012. 2nd ed
- Photovoltaic modules : technology and reliability; Wirth, Harry De Gruyter 2016.
- Advanced silicon materials for photovoltaic applications; Pizzini, Sergio John Wiley & Sons 2012.
- Solar cell materials : developing technologies; Conibeer, Gavin ; Willoughby, Arthur Wiley 2014.
- Fundamentals of Photovoltaic Modules and their Applications; Tiwari, G. N. ; Dubey, Swapnil Royal Society of Chemistry 2010.
- Optimisation of Photovoltaic Power Systems; Rekioua Pr, D., & Matagne Pr, E. (2012).
- Solar Power Generation: Technology, New Concepts & Policy; Reddy, P. J. (2012), CRC Press
- Solar energy technology advances; Tiwari, G. N. (2006). . Nova Publishers.
- ...and much more through e.g. Ebrary ...
PV Lighthouse (Calculators, Resources)
Photovoltaic Education Network (PVCDROM)
IEA Photovoltaic Power Systems Programme (PVPS)
IEA PVPS Report Trends in Photovoltaic Applications 2019
Online courses and learning materials on photovoltaics
- TU Delft OCW: Solar Energy
- TU Delft OCW: Solar Energy: Photovoltaic (PV) Energy Conversion
- TU Delft OCW: Solar Energy: Photovoltaic (PV) Technologies
- TU Delft EdX: Solar Energy: Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
- TU Delft EdX: Solar Energy: Integration of Photovoltaic Systems in Microgrids
- Fundamentals of Photovoltaics (MIT): lecture videos, slides, assignments and quizzes by Prof. Tonio Buonassisi
- Altermatt's lectures on photovoltaics
- A video showing how silicon solar cell and module are manufactured: Search Youtube: "Suntech Power: How Suntech Photovoltaic Cells and Modules are Made (English Version)" (5:41)