Welcome to the Introduction Course for Master's students - Career and Working Life Skills (autumn 2019 edition)!
Remember that the deadline for submitting all missing learning diaries is 5 December 2 p.m.
The course is intended for second year (exit) students in ICT Innovation Master's programme.
On these MyCourses pages, you will find information on
- material from the lectures and for alternative assignments (to be published after each lecture)
- instructions for learning diary and submission platforms
- lecture quizes
What is needed to complete the course?
participation in lectures. Detailed
information is given on the first lecture and on the introduction slides (see Materials).
- Learning diary for each of the five lectures, deadlines for submission by the next lecture (within a week).
- Feedback on lectures through a quiz, which is also a tool for monitoring your attendance.
- Visits to work/career fairs and company excursion(s). Visit at least two fairs and excursions and write a learning diary about each of them. Note: you can submit these learning diaries at any time between 8 October and 5 December.
|Time and place
||Topic||Speaker / Host
|Mon 28.10., 16:15-17:45, TU1 (Week 44)
||Orientation towards Master's Thesis
||Petri Vuorimaa, ICT Innovation programme director
|Thu 7.11., 14:15-15:45, T2 (Week 45)
||Career Development Planning
||Seija Leppänen, Career Counseling Psychologist
|Thu 14.11., 14:15-15:45, T2 (week 46)
||An Introduction to Job Search Channels & Networks
||Susanna Saarinen, Specialist, Aalto University Career Services
|Thu 21.11., 14:15-15:45 (week 47) T2
||Finnish Working Culture and Labour Market Organizations
||Representative of a Finnish labour market organization
|Thu 28.11., 14:15-15:45, T2 (week 48)||
Sharing experiences on (academic) entrepreneurship
|Olli-Pekka Mutanen, Aalto Ventures Program