Welcome to the Introduction Course for Master's students - Career and Working Life Skills (autumn 2019 edition)!
The course is intended for second year (exit) students in ICT Innovation Master's programme.
On these MyCourses pages, you will find information on
- material from the lectures and for alternative assignments (to be published after each lecture)
- instructions for learning diary and submission platforms
- lecture quizes
What is needed to complete the course?
participation in lectures. Detailed
information is given on the first lecture and on the introduction slides (see Materials).
- Learning diary for each of the five lectures, deadlines for submission by the next lecture (within a week).
- Feedback on lectures through a quiz, which is also a tool for monitoring your attendance.
- Visits to work/career fairs and company excursion(s). Visit at least two fairs and excursions and write a learning diary about each of them. Note: you can submit these learning diaries at any time between 8 October and 5 December.
The coordinator of the course is Aino Roms. Please send an email to aino.roms(at)aalto.fi if you have a question and can't find the answer here.
|Time and place
||Topic||Speaker / Host
|Mon 28.10., 16:15-17:45, TU1 (Week 44)
||Orientation towards Master's Thesis
||Petri Vuorimaa, ICT Innovation programme director
|Thu 7.11., 14:15-15:45, T2 (Week 45)
||Career Development Planning
||Seija Leppänen, Career Counseling Psychologist
|Thu 14.11., 14:15-15:45, T2 (week 46)
||An Introduction to Job Search Channels & Networks
||Susanna Saarinen, Specialist, Aalto University Career Services
|Thu 21.11., 14:15-15:45 (week 47) T2
||Finnish Working Culture and Labour Market Organizations
||Representative of a Finnish labour market organization
|Thu 28.11., 14:15-15:45, T2 (week 48)||
Sharing experiences on (academic) entrepreneurship
|Olli-Pekka Mutanen, Aalto Ventures Program