The primary purpose of the pre-assignments is to facilitate the student's learning process by:
- Analyzing various study material (book chapters, articles, videos)
- Relating learning material to student's prior knowledge and experiences (reflection)
- Fostering an active student-centered deep-learning approach to learning through doing assignments (solving cases and exercises, writing essays)
The weight of the pre-assignments in 3 credit course grading is 60%.
The course includes six pre-assignments related to lectures L02-L07. Instructions for each pre-assignment are provided in respective folders below.
The deadline for submitting each pre-assignment is at 12:00 (noon) one day before the respective lecture.
Final course essay
The primary purpose of the final course essay is to facilitate the student's learning process by:
- Analyzing, synthesizing and drawing connections among course themes and perspectives
- Encouraging critical thinking and reflection on the entire course theme from a broader viewpoint (is not a mere summary of the course topics nor of the pre-assignments)
- Allowing student to interpret different viewpoints and justify and reason these viewpoints
- Relating the course to student's prior knowledge (understanding broader connections to other courses)
The weight of the final course essay in 3 credit course grading is 40%.
The final course essay instructions will be provided after the last lecture on 18th March. The deadline for submitting final course essay is March 29th, 21:00.