So next week – 23 October – there is no session. Your job now is to prepare your “Student brief presentations” for 30 October and 6 November.
You have 10 minutes to present. Do not exceed the time limit. I will have 5-, 2-, and 1-minute cards, and I will show you the ones you want me to. At 10 minutes, if you are still talking, I will stand up, at which point you may complete the sentence you have started, no more. After each presentation, we have time for 5 minutes of discussion. Follow your classmates’ presentations intently and prepare to ask questions. Not everyone has time to ask a question every time, but make sure that you have a public contribution at least once a session.
In your 10-minute presentation, you should enlighten us on the following:
- Your wider research theme
- Your own particular topic
- What you hope to find out
- What your research questions are for finding out what you want to find out
- How, in general terms, you intend to answer them
- A preliminary idea on what your general methodological approach will be
[In the longer presentations, later, we expect to hear more about your methodology.]
The use of PowerPoint is recommended.
So the third lecture reading assignments are:
You can find them in the Course materials