How to get started
- Log in to MyCourses with your Aalto user account
- Use self enrollment to the course: open Syllabus, click self enrollment (on the far right of the screen) and enter the key ALC1920
- Attend the kick-off session on Monday, October 7th, 8:30 am (check the details on the section called Kick-off session)
After carrying out the exercises in this self-help material, the student
- is able to describe her/his skills, motivation, attitude and personality e.g. in a job application or an interview.
- can analyse and express characteristics of her/his personal profile.
- has practiced writing job application documents (e.g. a CV).
- can describe the importance of self-efficacy beliefs for shaping her/his future.
The sequence of exercises is numbered from one to ten. You may choose the order in which you carry out the exercises; however, it is advisable that you finish the exrcises 1-7 before the CHEM Career Forum because in this event it is possible to obtain feedback on your application documents (e.g. CV, application letter; CHEM Career Forum will take place on December 16th, 2019). Other deadlines and course practicalities will be discussed and decided upon in the kick-off session. In addition of the kick-off session, you must attend the the finishing session of these exercises (for details, see the corresponding sections in this workspace).
Having completed an exercise, reflect the results. What do the results of that reflection add to your self-awareness, your current thinking and goals of a good future as an individual and as a member of a society? How can you use the results? What will you do next?
Career Planning Exercises by
Seija Leppänen, Career Counselling Psychologist, Learning services
Tanja Makkonen, Senior Manager, Career Services
MyCourses virtual learning environment has been updated in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Only the teachers of this workspace (Kyösti Ruuttunen, Seija Leppänen, and Susanna Saarinen) have access to the data.