Doctoral level (or advanced Master’s level) course
X-ray scattering methods for structural analysis of bio-based materials
Time: 14.4.-15.5.2020 (contact teaching during weeks 17-18)
Aalto University, Otaniemi Campus The course will be organized online only, more information will follow.
Number of credits: 5 cr
Teachers: Paavo Penttilä (email@example.com), Ville Liljeström
The target of the course is to introduce the students to X-ray-based structural characterization methods (both in theory and in practice) and initiate the application of these methods in the students’ own research.
The topics covered include:
· Generation of X-rays and their interaction with matter
· Wide-angle X-ray scattering (WAXS)/X-ray diffraction (XRD)
· Small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS)
· Scattering data analysis related to bio-based materials
· Practical aspects of scattering experiments
will be organized in the form of lectures, demonstrations, group work, and
independent studying. Grading will be Pass/Fail. Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, the teaching of the course will be organized online only.
Registration to the course of 2020 is finished. The course will be organized also in spring 2021 and 2022.