Course Home Page
This is the course page for DOM-E5157 Digital Fabrication III.
This course is a part of a series of courses that are designed to overlap the Fab Academy. The full package of courses covers 21 weekly assignments that span a time period from mid-January to end of June.
As described on the official website, Fab Academy is a fast paced, hands-on learning experience where students learn rapid-prototyping by planning and executing a new project each week, resulting in a personal portfolio of technical accomplishments.
This course covers the following topics from the official Fab Academy curriculum.
- Output Devices
- Networking and Communications
- Interface and Application Programming
- Wildcard Week
- Applications and Implications
- Invention, Intellectual Property, and Income
If you want to have the full Fab Academy experience, consider joining the connected courses from the following list.
- [Oodi] DOM-E5155 Digital Fabrication I
- [Oodi] DOM-E5156 Digital Fabrication II
- [Oodi] DOM-E5157 Digital Fabrication III
- [Oodi] DOM-E5158 Digital Fabrication Studio
The Digital Fabrication I, II and III cover all the Fab Academy assignments from mid-January to end of June. The Digital Fabrication Studio course should be used for the final project development.
These courses will give you the needed credits to complete your studies at Aalto University. If you are interested into getting the official Fab Academy diploma, please contact teachers responsible for the course.