The review of group work reports is now open
- Please download the reports from: Group work reports for review
- Deadline for evaluation is Sunday 20 December.
- Please review the reports and fill the corresponding evaluation form, which can be found under Questionnaires
- You must review at least two reports (5 p). A third review gives one bonus point.
Welcome to the course!
The course will be taught fully remotely. Lectures are pre-recorded and will be made available on every Wednesday morning. Assignments will also be published on Wednesdays. For more details, including grading, see the slides of the first live session.
In addition to the pre-recorded and reading material, we have the following live teaching sessions:
- Weekly discussion session on Wednesdays at 10:15: General announcements, review of the topics of the last week, and introduction to the exercises of the next week. Zoom link: Lecture room (the same meeting room is used for all sessions) - FINISHED. Thank you for attending the live sessions!
- Exercise sessions are arranged as personal zoom meetings. You can book a time if you have any questions about the assignments. It can be either some specific question / problem that you are working on or if you are just stuck with something and don't know how to proceed. You can book a meeting here: Book an instruction session
Attendance to the live sessions is optional but recommended.
Lecture videos, assignments and other study material can be found here:
Week 5 (final)
Groups of 4 students write a report of approximately 10 pages about a biomedical device/technique. This year all group works are related to devices/techniques relevant to COVID-19.
The first task is to book a time slot for a Group work kick off session
Group work report instructions
List of topics:
- Pulse oximetry (include photoplethysmography)
- Video-based biosignal measurement
- X-ray CT and application to COVID-19 lung imaging
- ECG (focus on history, abnormalities, and COVID-19)
Group selection closed on Thursday 19 November at 16:00
Equipment for exercises:
Exercises 2 and 4 require some measurement equipment. You can come to collect them from Otakaari 3, or we can mail them to you. Please contact us for arrangements.