2021 Grades Available in the PDF bellow!
Welcome to Neurorobotics course!
This course is led by Ivan Vujaklija (firstname.lastname@example.org, Office F306, Rakentajanaukio
This year’s course will be conducted in an online format and will consist of lectures and exercises.
Zoom, MyCourses, and email will be main communication platforms, for the course, however participants are encouraged to utilize any other means of communication that they might find useful for supporting their own work.
All the handouts for the course will be uploaded in the Materials section of the page (on your left) according to the schedule. All video materials as well as unique Zoom links for the online contact sessions will be posted timely here in both Materials section and via the Course Forum (see below).
Intended Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing this course, the participants are able to:
- Perform basic biosignal processing
- Establish fundamental human-machine interfaces
- Develop and compare a range of human in the loop robotic controllers
- Identify requirements and challenges of developing human-robot interaction environments
- Consider basic design needs for establishing robotic teleoperation and development of wearable robots
Assessment Methods and Criteria
- Exercise reports (50%)
- Learning log (30%)
- Article report (20%)
In case student is not able to complete the above tasks or is dissatisfied with the performance, there is an opportunity for a cumulative final exam at the end of the course which will discard the performance of the above three assessments and account for the full 100% of the grade. Student needs to inform the course instructor if they wish to take the exam the latest 3 weeks before the course end.
The course is mainly based on lecture notes and handouts that will be made available on the MyCourses page.
Recommended: basic programming knowledge (MATLAB or Python), basic signal processing
Lectures on Mondays 12:15-14:00 via Zoom or prerecorded (see below)
Exercises on Thursdays 10:15-12:00 via Zoom
18/01/2021 – Lecture 1: Course introduction (short on zoom) and basics of human-machine interfaces (prerecorded)
- 25/01/2021 – Lecture 2: Basics of biosignal processing (prerecorded)
- 01/02/2021 – Lecture 3: Human in the loop robotic controllers 1 (prerecorded)
- 11/02/2021 – Exercise 1: Biosignal processing (zoom)
- 18/02/2021 – Exercise 2: Classifier based controllers (zoom)
- 04/03/2021 – Exercise 3: Real-time controllers (zoom)
- 08/03/2021 – Lecture 4: Human in the loop robotic controllers 2 (prerecorded)
- 15/03/2021 – Lecture 5: Human-robot interaction and cooperation (prerecorded)
- 25/03/2021 – Exercise 4: Regression based controllers (zoom)
- 29/03/2021 – Lecture 6: Wearable robots and course wrap up (zoom)
- 01/04/2021 – Exercise 5: Human-robot interaction (zoom)