This online seminar is designed to provide support, guidance, and feedback to students writing their Bachelor theses in English. We accept students from the five English Bachelor programmes in CHEM, ENG, ELEC, and SCI:
- Chemical Engineering (CHEM)
- Computational Engineering (ENG)
- Data Science (SCI)
- Digital Systems & Design (ELEC)
- Quantum Technology (ELEC & SCI)
Data science major students can find topics here:
TIK students / SCI3207.kand students writing in English can find topics here:
Upon completion of the seminar, students will be able to
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a field-specific topic through writing and presenting a Bachelor thesis,
- search for, critically assess, and integrate sources into the argumentation of their thesis,
- recognise standard citation practices and plagiarism-avoidance strategies for proper documention of sources,
- identify the organisational and language features specific to a Bachelor thesis in their field of study, and
- provide critical feedback to others' work and respond to feedback on their own work.
A minimum of 90 ECTS credits of BSc degree studies completed with an emphasis on basic and major studies. A student must have a valid personal study plan approved before entering the seminar. It is also strongly recommended that students have already taken the written (w) skills component of their mandatory foreign language credits.