(Previous course name: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt)
This course is taught online. More information will be provided later.
In the end of the course, students will be able to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, understand the importance quality and continual improvement in organizations and understand how improvement projects are managed. Student will learn the basics of lean and six sigma tools and understand their linkage to the DMAIC problem solving sequence.
consists of mandatory lectures, homework assignments, and an oral exam. Grading is pass/fail. The
course is targeted to students from 2nd year onward, from all
The course content incorporates the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge. Upon successful completion of this course and an appropriate internship, you will be accredited as a Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (CLSSGB).
Note: maximum course intake is 24 students. If this is exceeded, a short application must be filled.
- Proven method for project management
- DMAIC links together Lean Six Sigma tools to a result-driven project management method (DMAIC, Project charter, SIPOC map)
- Qualitative tools to understand processes
- Practical tools for process mapping, value analysis, and risk analysis (Value Stream Map, Fishbone Diagram, Potential Problem Analysis)
- Quantitative tools to understand variation
- Analytical tools focused on understanding variation and problems in processes (ANOVA, Capability analysis, Gage R&R)
- Methods to achieve real change in processes
- Focus on how to sustain the achieved improvements (Control plan, improvement tools)