WEEK 2: PROJECT IDEA
Research and creating your concept
During this week:
- Discussing your project idea in individual tutorials (15 min slots, which can be booked on Google Sheets).
- Defining your project idea and presenting your concept to others (after which you should stick to this concept).
Tue 8.3 9.15-12.00 Zoom
9.15-12.00 VISITING LECTURE: Hanna Kuusela on collaboration
Wed 9.3. 13:15-17:00 Zoom or Classroom: L101
13:15-17.00 Individual tutorials
Thu 10.3. 13:15-17:00 Classroom: L101
13:15-17.00 Student presentations: Narrative project idea, 10-15 min presentation followed by a quick feedback session with group.
- Are you following the brief “Narrative of Earthly Survival” or doing your own thing?
- What is the theme and idea of your narrative project (making the idea specific enough to be able to be communicated, but still having room to evolve in the making.)
- What is your initial idea of outcome for the project
- You could add content by considering some of the “relevant questions” mentioned in the “Narrative of Earthly Survival” brief.
Assignment: Genre. Now that you have presented your project idea, consider next, if your project was a genre work, what genre would it be and why? More info about the assignment on 10.3.
As preparation for next weeks discussion, you could watch the genre film "The Lighthouse" by Robert Eggers (which is on Netflix and Google Play), and his lecture on the making of this film here: