WELCOME TO TEACHING PRACTICE COURSE // TERVETULOA OPETUSHARJOITTELU-KURSSILLE!
The goal of the teaching practice is to develop participants' teaching skills. In the course you have an opportunity to try new approaches or teaching methods under guidance and receive feedback on your teaching. You will observe your peers' teaching and learn from them. When you reflect on your and your peers' teaching you develop your teaching competence and yourself as a teacher.
The course begins with a kick-off meeting on the 10th January 2021, 2.00 - 5.00 PM.
Place: Zoom https://aalto.zoom.us/j/64458245138
The schedule of the peer group meetings will be agreed in the kick-off meeting.
The course comprises the following elements:
- Kick-off session (Monday 10.1.2022)
- Peer-group meetings (4 meetings),
- Teaching observations: observing your peers' teaching and providing oral and written feedback on their teaching,
- Teaching observations: observing other teaching including teaching in upper secondary school (lukio) or university of applied sciences (AMK),
- Own teaching: practical implementation of the teaching practice,
- Compiling teaching practice plan including own teaching philosophy, course design, peer feedback, and reflection of observations.
- Final session May 9th 2022
DL for the final version of teaching practice report 15.5.2022
Sara and Erika
- Sara Rönkkönen, teacher-in-charge
- Erika Myllyniemi, co-teacher