This course consists of following themes:
- global challenges and business opportunities in sustainable use and processing of natural resources from the point of view of users and technical and social systems and the environment
- multidisciplinary team in developing new solutions as a response for the challenges and opportunities - collaboration between the majors and other programs in Aalto schools, if possible
To whom is this meant?
The course is common and compulsory to all major students in Master's Programme in Chemical, Biochemical and Materials Engineering. The first parts of the course will be orientation and occupational safety course.
1. Orientation to master's studies: goals, contents and practices of the master's program, personal study plan (orientation week) (20%)
2. Career development planning: transferable and professional skills, employment as a master's student and graduate (career forum) (10 %)
3. Orientation towards master's thesis: principles of scientific research and communication, participation in master's thesis seminars in predefined roles (30 %)
4. Introduction to academic entrepreneurship: seminars, multidisciplinary integrated learning projects (30 %)
5. Feedback on learning goals and methods: workout of major-specific feedback reports after each study period (I-IV), program-wide annual learning workshop (V) (10 %)