From finite differences to geometrical acoustics, this seminar introduces several numerical methods that are used for room acoustic modeling. It provides an overview of the simulation methods and shows several applications of the numerical techniques for modeling specific acoustic phenomena occurring in enclosed spaces.
This seminar offer the opportunity to improve the skills on scientific writing and oral presentation (Section Assignments). After selecting a specific topic related to room acoustic modeling (Section Topics list), each participant will get individual feedback about his/her scientific paper and will also have the opportunity to practice an oral presentation.
The lectures will introduce the basics of the following numerical methods:
- Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD),
- Finite Volume Time Domain (FVTD),
- Adaptive Rectangular Decomposition (ARD),
- Pseudo Spectral Time Domain (PSTD),
- Finite Element Method (FEM),
- Boundary Element Method (BEM),
- Geometrical Acoustics (GA),
- Artificial Reverberation Algorithms.