Note: The course starts on Monday 7th September at 10:00 in L306 (S5). Remember to register for the course using WebOodi. DL for registration is on Monday 14th September at 23:59.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will have useful practice in reading, understanding and interpreting selected technology/research fields. Furthermore, the participants will develop their skills in project working, report writing and originality in their narration and presenting of complex concepts to a general audience.
The course content is based on selection of scientific/technology publications and other reference materials that are aligned to different Communications Engineering research areas conducted in the papers generated from research by members of the Department of Communication and Networking (COMNET). This spans areas such as Advanced Radio Systems, Network Technologies, Network Security, Communications Ecosystems and Performance Analysis. An additional topic is coming from the Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics.
- Lectures: Includes introduction to project works and guest lectures from external speakers. Participation to lectures is mandatory.
- Project work: Implemented for a particularly in randomly selected groups of 4-6 students and overseen by a pre-assigned advisor. Each group is allocated a different research topic and the project deliverables are a joint report and multimedia presentation.
- Individual work: In the form of individual learning reports.
Instructions and templates for the reports and presentations provided next Section of this My Courses page.
Group members will get a grade from the project work (70% of course grade). Note: grade of an individual student can be downscaled if he/she is not active! Learning reports will be evaluated individually (30% of course grade)
For inquiries for further information on the course please contact any of the following course teachers:
- Samuli Aalto <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Edward Mutafungwa <email@example.com>
- David Gonzalez G. <firstname.lastname@example.org>