None. Expectation is that students have no modeling experience prior to the course.
- Role of digital 3D design tools in design and product development process.
- Fundamentals of NURBS surface modeling, from simple to more complex geometries, with emphasis on lean and clean models.
- Enabling fast self-learning during later parts of the studies.
- Sufficient modeling skills to enable the students to succeed in their design assignments, ensuring digital tool is an enabler instead of an inhibitor for achieving the design objectives.
- As a result from this course, the students can build models suitable for 3D-printing.
Grading: Pass - Fail
Minimum requirement for passing the course is a successful 3D model, and respective drawings, rendering and 3D print of Assignment 6, all to be presented in the Last Supper of the whole course.