Assignment 4: Computational design
In this assignment, you will get a hands-on experience on a UI design problem that can be solved computationally by defining a solution that finds an optimal or close-to-optimal arrangement of a 2-dimensional grid design. This assignment continues the last exercise shown in Lecture 4.
The assignment's detailed instructions are in an Azure Notebook. You will need to create a user account in it, and clone the assignment notebook to your personal workspace. Follow these instructions:
If did not do any installation on Tuesday, do these steps (1-3). If you did, jump to step 4:
- Go to notebooks.azure.com with your browser.
- Click "Sign in"
- If you already have an account in Microsoft's cloud, you can use it to log in. Otherwise, click "Create one!" and create an account for yourself.
Now that you have an account in Azure Notebooks, do these in order to make a copy for you about this assignment:
- When you are logged in, copy-paste "https://notebooks.azure.com/asalovaa/libraries/assignment4" to your browser's address field and open the address.
- An Azure workspace opens showing the library "Assignment 4" owned by user "asalovaa".
- Press "Clone" and when a popup window opens, click the "Clone" button. Azure Notebooks creates a clone of this library to your own workspace.