A4 Analysis of final team negotiation (40 pts) - Upload your analysis (pdf) by 08.30, 29 May
Assignment 4: Analysis of final negotiation (40 pts)
This individual assignment requires you to write a 2-3 page (single-spaced) analysis of your final negotiation, including the pre-negotiation messaging.
- State in what ways your team was successful or unsuccessful, and why you think this was so.
- Make clear links to negotiation theories dealt with on the course and incorporate feedback you received from TOP during the debriefing session.
- Include comments on what occurred both before and during the negotiation.
General questions to address:
- could you/TOP have achieved a better result? Why/how?
- what did you/TOP do well?
- how could you/TOP have been more effective?
- if TOP did this negotiation again what should they do differently?
Some specific areas you might consider:
Did your team / TOP?
- put enough emphasis on the information exchange phase of the negotiation
- attempt to discover needs and expectations
- accurately understand and estimate power
- focus on interests rather than positions
- attempt to generate options
- separate people from problem
- avoid reacting to proposals with counter proposals
- ask enough / the right kind of questions
- listen effectively
- other points related to articles and class material
Please check the evaluation rubric available in this submission box before starting to work on the assignment and again before you submit.