6. Course Essay - by 18 December
Implications of systems thinking perspectives in your field of action/profession/practice
Theme: ‘Implications of systems thinking perspectives in your field of action/profession/practice’
Length: 1500-2000 words | Submission deadline: Friday, 18 December
Write an argumentative essay in which you weigh arguments for and against a ‘position’ and take a personal stand on the question:
• Whether sustainability requires strong, more hierarchical and technocratic governance or the empowerment of bottom-up initiatives?
• Whether cities, dense human settlements and sophisticated infrastructures are key to solving sustainability problems?
• Whether consumer behaviour is driven by human nature or corporate interest?
• Whether sustainability transformations need to and can be managed?
• Whether nature should and can be assigned intrinsic value?
• Use of literature and key concepts of the course
• Own analysis, argumentation and the development of implications for the selected field of action/profession/practice
• Quality of writing.