Sewing Studio manual
1. Industrial sewing machines
The easiest way to change the thread is by pulling the new thread through the machine with the help of the old one
Turn off the machine.
- Snip off the thread of the old spool at the spool roll and remove the roll.
- Place the new spool in place and tie it to the old thread.
- Lift the presser foot manually, the tension discs are released.
- Pull the thread through.
- Insert the thread through the eye of the needle.
- In straight stitch machines, the needle is threaded from left to right.
- In zigzag machines, the thread goes into the eye of the needle from front to back.
- Check the threading, it is common that the thread remains on top of the tension discs (4 and 7) and not in between, in which case the tension does not work.
- The basic principles of threading are the same for straight stitch machines (A) and for zigzag machines (B), see below.
No. 100 - Good for basic sewing.
No. 120- Thinner thread for overlockers.
No.30–80 - Heavy threads for triple feed machines and strong needles.
Crêpe - Thin and slightly stretchy thread for pique machines.