Day 12: IDBM Impact Conference 19.5.2017 time: 9.15
IDBM IMPACT CONFERENCE 19.5.2017
A one-day conference exploring opportunities of interdisciplinary
collaboration for creating real-world impact. Discussion-sparking,
interactive panels, as well as, insightful innovation project pitches
will open room to explore how interdisciplinary collaboration opens new
ways to shape the future.
The event marks the focal point of the academic year for students of the International Design Business Management program at Aalto University and provides a platform to come together, connect, and exchange ideas with alumni, industry experts, and faculty.
09:15 Doors open, registration and coffee
10:00 Welcome address
10:15 IDBM innovation projects roundup
12:00 – Lunch – (included in ticket)
13:30 Panel, Empowering change in organisations, with
- Tuukka Ylälahti, Co-founder & CEO Mesensei
- Marjukka Mäkelä, Industrial & UX design, ABB
- Ville Eloranta, Postdoctoral Researcher, Aalto University
14:25 – Short break – mingling with coffee and snacks
14:45 Panel, Design as critical practice, with
- Ramia Mazé, Professor 'New Frontiers in Design', Aalto University
- İdil Gaziulusoy, Assistant Professor Sustainable Design, Aalto University
- Arja Karhumaa, Graphic Designer, Lecturer Department of Media, Aalto University
- Juho Kinnunen, Business Designer, Futurice
15:40 – Short break – mingling with coffee and snacks
16:00 Panel, Growing organisations that last, with
- Niina Nurmi, IDBM Program Director, Aalto University
- Katarina Segerståhl, Head of Strategic Design, Tieto
- Mikko Teerenhovi, Head of Product & Design, Holvi
17:30 – Wrap-up –
20:00 – After-party –
More info at idbm-impact.com
IDBM Impact is organized and hosted by IDBM Klubi. We warmly invite everyone interested in learning about interdisciplinary collaboration and its impact on our future.
A ticket includes lunch as well as refreshments throughout the afternoon.