The thesis is ready! Submitting the thesis
When your thesis is ready, arrange a schedule with the supervisor for the evaluation and approval of the thesis. The supervisor needs about a month to read the finished thesis and write a statement. The Degree Programme Committee approves and grades the
thesis based on the statement(s) given by the supervisor and the advisor. The supervisor and advisor may write either a joint statement or separate statements. When submitting the thesis, you should take into consideration the Degree Programme Committee
deadlines and possible graduation deadlines.
The thesis can be approved when:
- The student is enrolled as attending.
- The topic of the master’s thesis is approved and valid.
- The thesis supervisor approves the thesis to be submitted.
- The student has given a seminar presentation and completed the maturity essay.
The date of approval of the thesis will be the deadline for submitting the applications, although the approval of the thesis will not be processed by the Degree Programme Committee until after the deadline for submitting theses and applications for evaluation.
Even though the theses are submitted for approval only in electronic format, the supervisor might still require theses bound in black covers (binding model pdf). The student must agree upon this with the supervisor.
Submitting the thesis and applying for its approval
Submitting the thesis and applying for its approval is done on eAge:
- Fill the form 207 Approval and grading of the thesis according to the instructions in eAge
- Upload the final version of your thesis to the eAge form. The file must be saved in PDF/A format.
- The file name should not have any Scandinavian letters (e.g. ä and ö) or special characters. The name should be in the following format: school's abbreviation_publishingyear_lastname_firstname.pdf (for example student Jan Järvinen would name the file as sci_2022_jarvinen_jan.pdf)
The only valid and acceptable versions are PDF/A-1a, -1b, -2a and -2b. Instructions (PDF/A-format).