Test Session Charter
1. What - tested areas
- What areas, modules, functions or features are tested?
2. Why - goal and focus
- What is the high level goal of the testing session?
- What practical information for the project should this testing session produce? For example, analyse performance, find faults in a specific function, asses suitability to intended use, validate or verify functionality, regression test, confirm fixes, ...
- Is testing focusing to some specific defect or problem types?
- From whose viewpoint testing is performed?
- Product risks that should be addressed.
3. How - approach
- How the testing is going to be performed?
- Specific test techniques or tactics to use?
- Testing data that is used or has to be created.
4. Exploration log
SESSION START TIME: 2016-03-14 13:30
DURATION (hours): 1:45
TESTER: Tim Tester
ENVIRONMENT: Windows 7 + SP1
4.1 Data files
- Any used or created test data files
4.2 Test notes
- Test notes that describe what was done, and how.
- Detailed enough to be able to use in briefing the test session with other persons.
- Detailed enough to be able to reproduce failures.
- Defect tracking system bug ID:s and optionally short descriptions
- Any observations, issues, new feature requests and questions that came up during testing but were not reported as bugs.
Last modified: Monday, 19 October 2015, 11:17 AM