Observing shift list
Observing shift at Metsähovi, starts in the evening ca. 18 o'clock on the date given here, ends the following morning after 6.
The observations will be supervised by our staff members. But remember that you are using multi-million euro instrumentation during your shift; prepare well for the session and pay attention to all instructions.
- No periods of proper sleep are to be expected, sleep well before coming and preferably plan the following day so that you can nap after the shift.
- Everybody should arrange his/her own transportation. For public transportation see the HSL route planner https://www.hsl.fi. Use: "Metsähovintie 114, Kirkkonummi" for the Metsähovi address. Car pooling with your fellow students may also be possible, ask them!
- Will be done even in bad weather, ie. no spare shifts need to be booked.
- Bring your own meals and snacks etc. Coffee and tea will be made available for free. Some comfy clothing is recommended (also something relatively warm; one tends to get cold when tired).
1. Wed 6.11. – Thu 7.11. (JT) Mathilde, Esa, Sami, Tomi.
2. Fri 8.11. – Sat 9.11. (AL) Janu, Leonidis, Roope, Lauri.
3. Fri 15.11. – Sat 16.11. (RV & MT) Sofia, Ville, Joonas, Joel.