Aikataulu: 05.11.2018 - 23.11.2018
Vastuuopettaja (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Myrto Chliova; Jukka-Pekka Heikkilä
Opetusperiodi (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
II 2018-19 (autumn) Töölö campus
II 2019-2020 (autumn) Otaniemi campus
the course is taught once in each year
Osaamistavoitteet (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
At the end of this course, students are expected to be able to:
1. Develop an entrepreneurial idea into a viable early venture
2. Communicate compellingly their idea and venture to outside stakeholders such as potential investors, clients and partners, in order to secure their support
Sisältö (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course is a continuation of the Venture Ideation course (25E50000) or similar course or practical experience. Teams graduating from Venture Ideation and other Aalto teams that are selected into the course will receive customised mentoring from professional entrepreneurs and investors on their entrepreneurial idea, with the aim of developing it into a viable early venture. The final ideas will be presented to a panel of experienced judges and have the opportunity to attract further interest and resources.
Toteutus, työmuodot ja arvosteluperusteet (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Team assignments 100%
Also, a peer evaluation will be used to adjust individuals’ grades on the team assignments.
Työmäärä toteutustavoittain (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
1. Contact hours 9 h (kick-off session and two presentation sessions)
2. Mentor sessions 6 h
3. Group work assignments 145 h
Oppimateriaali (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
This course is experiential and there are no required readings. Buying or renting a textbook is optional; either one of the following textbooks are recommended:
1. Barringer B. R. and Ireland D. (2012) Entrepreneurship: Successfully launching new ventures. Pearson.
2. Spinelli S., Adams R. and Timmons J. A. (2015) New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century. McGraw Hill Higher Education.
Kurssin kotisivu (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Arvosteluasteikko (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
0 (fail) to 5 (excellent)
Ilmoittautuminen (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration via WebOodi ends 7 days before the period starts.
Lisätietoja (voimassa 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Admission to this course is at the team level. The maximum number of teams admitted is 10.
Selection of successful applicants will be based on a short application of the team at the time of registration, taking into account the quality of the teams and their ideas.
This course requires physical presence and active participation in teamwork and is not designed for distance learning.