The Learning assignment #2 consists of three parts:
1. Reading the book section (Section 5 "How do I teach" pp. 39-49), DL 1.3.2018
2. Teaching observation #2 "what do students do", DL 1.3.2018.
3. Group work #2: reflect on the teaching session and the reading assignment before contact session 8.3.2018. Arrange a meeting with your small group. In the meeting, discuss your teaching observation and the article. Submit your notes and reflections in MyCourses "Group session" forum: What did you discuss? What did you observe? What did you think about the article?
- Visit an exercise class where you act as an observer. If possible, visit a class of one of your group members. If not, you can visit any other teaching session. It is polite to ask the teacher / assistant that you are coming to observe the session. You can tell the instructor that you are doing this observation as a part of SCI course assistant training.
- Use the feedback form from this page. Focus on the students and note down at least the following: What do the students do? How does the teacher motivate them? Add reflections and insights of your own. Write your notes on page #1 of the feedback form.
- Submit the form in MyCourses "Returning of Teaching observation #2". with the name of the observed peer/teacher removed. Use filename <FirstName>_<Lastname>_LA2_observations (e.g., "Jukka_Parviainen_LA2_observations.pdf")
- Optionally, give your feedback to your peer / the teacher, page #2 of the feedback form. Be specific, positive and give constructive feedback.
The reading task in Learning Assignment #2 is Section 5 "Miten toteutan opetusta" of the book "Innostu ja onnistu opetuksessa". There's also an English version available.
The reading task in Learning Assignment #2 is Section 5 "How do I teach?" of the book "Get Inspired!". There's also a Finnish version available.