Learning assignment #2
The Learning assignment #2 consists of three parts:
1. Reading the book section (Section 5 "How do I teach" pp. 39-49), DL 1.3.2018
2. Teaching observation #2 "what do students do", DL 1.3.2018.
- Visit an exercise class where you act as an observer. If possible, visit a class of one of your group members. If not, you can visit any other teaching session. It is polite to ask the teacher / assistant that you are coming to observe the session. You can tell the instructor that you are doing this observation as a part of SCI course assistant training.
- Use the feedback form from this page. Focus on the students and note down at least the following: What do the students do? How does the teacher motivate them? Add reflections and insights of your own. Write your notes on page #1 of the feedback form.
- Submit the form in MyCourses "Returning of Teaching observation #2". with the name of the observed peer/teacher removed. Use filename <FirstName>_<Lastname>_LA2_observations (e.g., "Jukka_Parviainen_LA2_observations.pdf")
- Optionally, give your feedback to your peer / the teacher, page #2 of the feedback form. Be specific, positive and give constructive feedback.
The reading task in Learning Assignment #2 is Section 5 "Miten toteutan opetusta" of the book "Innostu ja onnistu opetuksessa". There's also an English version available.
The reading task in Learning Assignment #2 is Section 5 "How do I teach?" of the book "Get Inspired!". There's also a Finnish version available.
Return the feedback form individually. Please, use the form above and remove the name of the observed peer/teacher. Your returning is visible only for the course staff. Please, name your file <FirstName>_<Lastname>__LA2_observations (e.g., "Jukka_Parviainen__LA2_observations.pdf") and upload them preferably in PDF format, thank you!
Course teachers read the observations and give a small piece of feedback. You do not need to reply in MyCourses - we will discuss together in the teaching contact session.
The visibility of the discussion forum is restricted to the small group members and instructors. Reflect on reading assignment and teaching observation. Write a summary as a group: What did you discuss? What did you observe? What did you think about the article?