A!Peda Intro (English) - Spring 2, 2018
After the course you
- will recognize issues that may have an impact on learning experience.
- will recognize the phases of teaching design.
- have expanded your network among teachers at Aalto University and gained experience of working in a multidisciplinary group of teachers.
- will recognize your strenghts as a teacher.
- will apprehend your role as a teacher in the learning process of the students.
Themes of the course include:
- Teaching culture at Aalto University
- Approaches to learning
- Planning and practicing for a teaching session
- Developing your own teaching and teacher identity
- Working in a multidisciplinary group
The contents of this course may vary depending on the specific needs and objectives of each group. Teaching and learning methods on this course include introductions to new topics, group work (partly online), experimentation through practice, demonstrations, case examples and peer feedback. At the end of the course, the participants prepare a summary, which can be included in their teaching portfolio. Participants are encouraged and expected to have an active role in the learning process.
Timetable and classroomsTS1: on Monday 23.4.2018 at 9.00 - 15.30, Otakaari 1, U401.
TS2: on Tuesday 8.5.2018 at 9.00 - 12.30, Otakaari 1, U406b.
TS3: on Wednesday 16.5.2018 at 9.00 - 15.30, Otakaari 1, U401 (This the new date and place!).
TS4: on Tuesday 29.5.2018 at 12.00 - 15.30, Otakaari 1, U402.
TS5: on Thursday 7.6.2018 at 9.00 - 15.30, Otakaari 1, U402.
Teacher: Maija Lampinen (ELEC, teacher in charge, firstname.lastname@example.org) and other educational developers