Teaching Session 1: 23.4.2018, at Otakaari 1, U401. Topic: I as a university teacher
These are the slides of the first teaching session.
Assignments for the next teaching session 8.5.2018
- Two reading tasks - see below.
- Try to meet with your peer group at least once (preferably F2F meeting) before the next course session.
- Start thinking about your individual plan for (individual) teaching practice (held on 29.5.2018).
- Read and familiarise yourself with the Chapter 2: Teaching according to how students learn, AND part of the Chapter 3: Setting the stage for effective teaching, pages 16-39 in Biggs, John and Tang, Katherine. Teaching for Quality Learning at University. 2007. (4th ed.) McGraw-Hill, .Please remember to close the e-book after you have read or printed the materials.
- Read the Chapter 2: Effective Classroom Teaching, pages 21-37 in Hunt, L. & Chalmers, D. (eds) 2013. University teaching in focus. A learning - centred approach. London & New York: Routledge.Please remember to close the e-book after you have read or printed the materials.