Contact Session 1: Thursday 27.9.2018, at Learning Centre, Vilho (233a)
Assignments for the next contact session 10.10.2018
- Learning log DL 8.10.2018
- Two reading tasks and quiz - see below.
- Try to meet with your peer group at least once (preferably F2F meeting) before the next course session.
- Start thinking about your individual plan for teaching practice (held on 1.11.2018).
- •The aim of the learning logs is to focus and follow your learning and become aware of your thought processes.•Learning log is a reflective writing concerning the topics presented in the contact sessions. It is a unique record of your thinking and learning during the course.• The length of the reflection is appx. 0,5-1 A4 page.
In the learning log you can think and write for example:•What were your thoughts after the teaching session?•What supported your learning in the teaching session?•What kind of thoughts and ideas arouse to you concerning the themes presented?•How can you apply these ideas to your own teaching?•Where would you like to focus in the future? etc.•The logs are visible only for the teachers.
- Read and familiarise yourself with the Chapter 2: Teaching according to how students learn, AND part of the Chapter 3: Setting the stage for effective teaching, pages 16-39 in Biggs, John and Tang, Katherine. Teaching for Quality Learning at University. 2007. (4th ed.) McGraw-Hill, .Please remember to close the e-book after you have read or printed the materials.
- Read the Chapter 2: Effective Classroom Teaching, pages 21-37 in Hunt, L. & Chalmers, D. (eds) 2013. University teaching in focus. A learning - centred approach. London & New York: Routledge.Please remember to close the e-book after you have read or printed the materials.