At this point, you have already written the first version of your introduction section (WA2). Next, it is time to write a section that defines the main concepts (new and old) of your report: Section 2 Definitions as shown in the outline below. The length of this section ranges between 150 and 250 words. See Feasibility report tablets vs laptops for an example section on definitions.
You will also be learning about topic sentences this week which will make a remarkable difference to the readability of your text as well as provide you with a clearer framework for your own writing. In general, by starting a paragraph with a topic sentence, you help your readers to understand the big picture and reduce the risk that readers are confused by a list of details.
After writing this section of the feasibility report, submit the text to your pre-assigned peer(s) for feedback in WA3: Introductions and Definitions - Peer forum and feedback below together with the introduction section you wrote earlier. This slightly longer document is WA3. Please note that this assignment requires that you write your pages (WA3) fairly soon, deposit them in the forum mentioned above, then wait to begin receiving and giving feedback from your peers. As this process will require a little more time, the 'week' is longer than normal and will overlap with Week 4. However, you must finish the peer review process by Wed 8 May 23:55.
Hence, please note this week's suggested staggered timetable:
- Study the types of definitions by Wednesday of this Week 3
- Study the Finnco extended definition analysis by Wednesday of this Week 3
- Study the Topic sentences by Wednesday of this Week 3
- Study the Formal connectors (chart) by Wednesday of this Week 3
- Read the instructions for Assignment 3, write your Definitions paragraph, add it to your Introduction section, and deposit it by Sunday/Monday of this Week 3 in the peer forum
- Actively give feedback (peer review) on your assigned peers' introduction or definitions section as designated, complete by Wednesday of Week 4.