Contact session 1: Wednesday 11.9. at 9-15:30
Classroom of the session: 1199 TU6, Maarintie 8
Assignments for the 2nd contact session
Meet with your peer group at least once (preferably F2F meeting) before the next course session.
Start thinking about your individual plan for teaching practice (held on 23.10.2019).More detailed instructions for the following tasks can be found inside the activities.
- Learning log - DL 18.9.2019
- Reading task I (Biggs & Tang) - DL 23.9.2019
- Reading task II (Hunt & Chalmers) - DL 23.9.2019
- Make a submission
- Read and familiarise yourself with the Chapter 2: Teaching according to how students learn, AND part of the Chapter 3: Setting the stage for effective teaching, pages 16-39 in Biggs, John and Tang, Katherine. Teaching for Quality Learning at University. 2007. (4th ed.) McGraw-Hill, .
Please remember to close the e-book after you have read or printed the materials (due to the limited number of book licences at Aalto library)
- Read the Chapter 2: Effective Classroom Teaching, pages 21-37 in Hunt, L. & Chalmers, D. (eds) 2013. University teaching in focus. A learning - centred approach. London & New York: Routledge.Please remember to close the e-book after you have read or printed the materials.